Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The great things in this life are not where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.

This week is the baseline workouts post Paleo challenge. Last week I had my body fat tested and I managed to lose 4% body fat. I still have a way to go to get to my goal, but I feel so much better, have a regular paleo eating habit and have ideas of what I want to do next.
I had a few goals going into the challenge- I wanted to do my workouts as RX, specifically I wanted to get back to doing unassisted pull ups. I wanted to see my abs and get off soda.
I haven't had a diet coke (or any soda) in months and it oddly doesn't bother me at all. I've been doing pull ups for a month or so now and most of my workouts are RX.
There are times I have to remind myself that I am 15 years older than most of the women I compare my times to at the gym and most of the RX weight is more than half my body weight. If I start feeling down about my speed or anything else, I try and put it in perspective and focus on doing MY best.

My first baseline:
Pre-challenge
500 M Row
40 Squats (butt to the ball!)
30 Butterfly Sit ups
20 Push ups (did on my knees)
10 Pull ups (red/blue band)
6:06

Now I can do all that without modifications but did the same way to compare times. I did in 4:58. That's 1:08 faster. And really it would have been faster if I didn't have to get my foot in the dang band to do pull ups. I almost fell on my back with my foot all wrapped up in the bands. Ridiculous!

Hugo is next..... More to come!

-CFPC


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment