Saturday, August 27, 2011

The greatest pleasure in life is doing things people say you could not do.

The gym is starting back with a 10 week fitness challenge on September 9th.  I really need something to focus on and a new goal, so I decided I would go ahead and sign up.  The challenge includes 2 sessions in the Bod Pod to get my body fat tested both before and after and a workout/eating log.  I've signed up for the bod pod the night of the 8th.  I dread it, since last time I had mine tested was last October and I had been working out and eating well - right after that was when I tore my shoulder and a few short months later, headed into surgery.

I have a few new challenges since the last paleo lock down last year.  This year, I am traveling every other week for the full week.  This can be both helpful or hurtful-  I can eat out every meal, which means I can be picky and order whatever I want to my specifications OR I can eat out and eat whatever I want...... I have to have a plan and be strong in my vision of what I want.  Also, I have time at the hotel each night or morning to workout - there is nobody to take to school or take care of.... on the other hand, I could sleep in or fail to workout at all because I have nobody to do it with.

So ... per usual.... I need a plan.
I've made a binder with everything I'll need to plan, track and motivate.

Here's where I got some information:
NUTRITION and TRACKING
www.MarksDailyApple.com
www.RobbWolf.com  - Sign up for the newsletters but there is also information to download a PALEO QUICK START GUIDE,  A PALEO SHOPPING LIST and A PALEO FOOD MATRIX.
All super good information.  I got a packet from my gym for the challenge, but I have used this form for food and workout tracking- simple but does the trick.
If you are looking for specifics on what to eat you can go to www.paleoplan.com - this is a great website that gives you weekly menus and all recipes in a simple format.  I found this last year and shared with my gym and they use it now for everyone to have access and it's great for new to paleo or people that need new ideas.

I also ordered a Crossfit Chick workout log - I thought this was small enough to bring with me to the gym but not electronic since I really like having this kind of stuff in a format I can write in - personal preference.  They have logs for boys too:)  and I think they are all really cute.


The other thing for me that's really helpful is having motivation with pictures, sayings and good music to listen to.  I use Pinterest to catalog ideas and some of the ones I save are workout pictures.  Stick them on your frig, in your workout binder, as the background on your phone- or just someplace where you can go and visit them to keep focused. 
I think it's super important to have an idea of what you want for an outcome- and this helps me focus on certain things.
Music is awesome and can keep you going.  I found using Spotify you can find some new music you may have never heard before that is awesome for working out.  If you need a free spotify invitation, email me and I'll send you an invite.  JOGFm is great too- it pulls the music from your iPhone/ipod and uses it to find music that matches the pace of your music.  
Here are some of my favorite workout songs:
All I do is win  - DJ Khaled
Songer- Kanye West
Riot- Three Days Grace
Remember the name - Fort minor ( I know.. but I love this song even if it's over done)
Bleed it out - Lincoln Park
Headstrong  - Trapt
HERO - Skillet

There are so many great songs out there - I'm building some lists on Spotify so you can follow me by going here. Follow me on Spotify

Once I get going, I am going to try and add in an IF - Intermittent Fast once per week.  Drink tons of water and try for 18  working up to 24 hours each Sunday.  I did some research on this and don't forget about asking for help via Twitter.  Anything I want more info on, I either search or put out a request with the hashtag #crossfit.  I find if I use the crossfit tag, I most always get several responses.  You can follow me @BecomingBetsy on Twitter.

So off I go. I'm going to try and post my workouts while I'm gone under the 'workout' tab.  I'm traveling this first week so it may be a challenge but I think it will help keep me on task. 

Work Hard!  Eat Clean!  Talk Dirty!
-CFPC!









1 comment:

  1. I am SO GLAD that I found your blog. I just joined crossfit on the 16th of August, completed my fundamental lessons and have made it through 2 full weeks of workouts. I love it! I started my own blog to follow my journey. Will be following you. Glad to see some girly stuff out there.

    ReplyDelete