Sunday, August 29, 2010

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.



Cooking up the soon to be ice cream!
Crazy couple of weeks!   I was really sticking to my paleo diet but wasn't really losing- the first week I lost just a few pounds and then stalled. It was odd for me because last time I did the paleo challenge I lost a LOT of weight.  I reassessed and lowered my fruit intake - no dried fruit at all now and no more smoothies. I think the almond milk and frozen fruit/coconut was too many calories.  since making those changes, I have started to see some changes and think I'm back to losing now.  I've found a whole community on twitter of paleo eaters who share ideas and support and that's been really fun. 
I have made some yummy things that allow me to 'cheat' while still staying paleo.  Paleo candy bars rock- with some coconut oil, raw honey, ground up almonds, unsweetened coconut and cocoa powder - it's a good treat at the end of the week.
I've made some paleo ice cream as well- made with lite coconut milk.  It was good but not good to save in the freezer - it has an odd consistency that doesn't save well.  All great things that are helping me stay on plan.
I've been working on a vision board- finding things that represent how I want to look or feel or focus on.  I would like a butt like this:  but I also realize I'm not a super model so trying to get my best butt. :)

I had a hair make over too... does it seem more paleo?  I think so. :)
Here are a few of the yummy things I made for dinner... paleo is actually easier than take out most nights!
And... the new No Excuses T-shirts.  I love!

Over and out....
-CFC

No comments:

Post a Comment