Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Train like common men and you'll get common results; Train like a warrior and you'll become one.





I've been having more fun doing crossfit now than ever.  Things are going great- I can tell I'm getting stronger and recovering from my car accident.  I feel like I'm mentally getting stronger- not as afraid to push myself and also not afraid to speak up if I feel like the weight it too much for my neck. I still have trouble carrying a heavy purse, if you can believe that, and so I have to be sure to keep it light when the pressure is right on my neck.
Paleo is going great- I have gotten into a grove and the few times I've had bread/cheat food, I didn't even really like the taste of it that much.  Cheese dip is good, but I don't even really crave it much.  It's kind of strange.  Doing the challenge this long is smarter than the 30 day crack down I did last year.  So much time allows me to learn more and try different things.  Its definitely more of a way of life now than just a 30 day crash and burn.
I'm working on myself inside too- joined a small group at church and am really doing the hard work looking at myself.  I know, moving forward who I want to be, and I know it will take me some work to get there.  All our life experiences make us who we are, and unfortunately the experiences aren't always positive.  I think the tragedy to that, is never using those experiences to make yourself better. I've had friends who I watched go through things and never try to understand or grow,  just blamed all their issues on someone else.   I don't want to live another 10 years and find my life so empty and full of hate/unrest. Look at your friends, look at your future... and I knew I had to make some changes.  I am surrounded with such amazing people right now, I feel extremely lucky and really strong right now- maybe stronger than I've felt in years!
Life is good and I'm excited for what's to come.  I know there will be ups and downs, but I am learning how to do better and be better.  I'm so grateful for God's place in my life right now.  I can do so much more when I know I am not alone in my challenges.

"I believe everything happens for a reason! People change so you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you can appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so that you will eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes, good things fall apart, so better things can fall together." - -- Marilyn Monroe

-CFC

No comments:

Post a Comment