Thursday, June 2, 2011

Never work before breakfast; if you have to work before breakfast, eat your breakfast first. ~Josh Billings

I had some tweets about paleo and my favorite meal... I have a few but thought I would post them here.  Paleo isn't hard - one of my favorite things is Andys Rib Rub (ribrub.com) on ribs.  Tin foil it up over night and in the morning stick it in the crock pot.  WITH NOTHING - I swear they will be falling off the bone good by 3pm.  :)

A great place to go to get started on paleo is www.paleoplan.com. I am a member and this is where I got this meat loaf recipe that even my 9 year old loves:
Paleo Meat Loaf

1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp dried sage
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
2 cloves minced garlic
1 small onion finely chopped
1/2 cup cabbage- chopped up (I buy it already chopped in the bag)
1/2 cup unsweetened BB Sauce (optional)

Oven at 350*
Combine everything except the BBQ sauce and mix it up.
Stick it in an ungreased loaf pan
Pour BBQ over the top
back for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until internal temp is 160*

YUM!
See.. Paleo is easy! :)

Hope you like it @meagan_csc  ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment