Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it.

My goal last week during our annual sales meeting, was to stick to the paleo diet, eating no bread or deserts for the week. 
Let me describe the scene:   Mornings of full breakfast offered with amazing looking chocolate glazed donuts, pastries and french toast.   Morning snack table with sweets and sugary drinks ... big lunch with cheesy lasagnas and then afternoon spread of those big soft pretzels, a candy 'bar', more sugar......  it was amazing.  At dinner there were 4 or 5 deserts ... cheesecake, chocolate cake.  Wow.  I wish I'd taken a picture.

I ate none of it. 

I did drink a diet coke every day.  That was my saving grace.  But bringing along my protein drinks, paleo bars and almonds was perfect.   I was able to have bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast.  They offered veggies and chicken most every other meal so I just stuck with those. It was good!

I really didn't feel like I had a problem with the diet at all... the soft pretzels made me think twice but I knew how I wanted to feel at the end of the week so with that in my pocket, it was simple to do the right thing for me.

On the other hand, I had a HUGE problem working out.  Our program went from 7:30 in the morning until sometimes 10pm at night.  It's just as important for your body to get rest, and I felt like my priority was work for this week, and so I stuck with the eating plan and cut myself a break.

This week, I am on the road in Alabama and I am paleo eating (with the same plan as last week since that worked for me) and I've already done some Crossfit tonight in the gym. I found it to be a good break after driving today and it was fun and easy to do in the fitness center! 

Mission Accomplished. 
oh... and remember that shoulder injury?  I have an appointment with an orthapedist next week.  :)  TCB Baby!

-CFPC

1 comment:

  1. Awesome -- just surfing around reading what people are saying about XFit. So many common themes -- the excitement, the community, the motivation, the progress. I just started a little under 2 months ago, and I can honestly say it's the best fitness approach I've ever experienced (and I'm 49)! Keep at it! (And you look terrific!)

    Embrace the suck!

    Albert

    ReplyDelete